Monday, April 28, 2008

Don't let your flowers freeze

I spent the weekend at the annual meeting of US branch of the International Association for the Study of Popular Music. My talk was well-received and I heard some very compelling papers (the one on Guitar Hero was particularly fun). The generally enjoyable conference was sullied, however, by some unpleasantness that I won't really get into here, but suffice it to say that my five hour drive home gave me plenty of time to get thoroughly agitated.

So it seemed fitting that I returned home to see that the pretty flowers I put on my balcony and stupidly failed to bring inside before the chilly weekend were, well . . . dead.

Sigh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny dead sigh.

Anonymous said...

We'll have to compare bitchery soon. I had the most wonderful time in San Francisco, except the one day that I was supposed to have free, to myself. That day when I spent 6 hours locked in a fucking hotel room and loaned the U.S. government $1,000 of my own money.

If I had any flowers, they would have frozen.

sarah said...

Awww... this is not related to this post, but I just saw that you are an INFP. That's the Myers-Briggs profile close to my heart because that's what my dear sister is. As for my profile, it's kind of 50/50 on two of the dimensions: so I'm

I/ENFP/J

Anonymous said...

What? No more queer ear?
Please say it isn't so!